Thursday

I name thee Cock rock



November 6 - November 9

5 hrs on a bus from Yichang to Wuhan followed by a train to Guilin (Gwillin) followed by another 1 hr bus to Yangshao.

Apparently The Chinese (as they are known), believe different colour tea and veggies are good for different parts of the body. Yellow is for Strength as if has Vit C; Red has Vit A + is good for the Brain; Black is good for the lungs (*cough* which is why so many consume it!) and I bet you can guess what Green is good for....Haaaaawwwwkkkkkk!.....Nope! - actually the heart!

Yangshao is a backpacker town. Limestone Karsts loom around it creating a fortress like wall. I love it, it is unique. That is all.

How did I end up here? :
A place, no more'n a couple of mud huts called Fuii that literally left me in Puii! - miles from reality/sanity/sanctuary/civilisation on a small boat with one oar I go round + round. So still the odd shimmer like a heatwave on my winding wet lane. The Phallic Karsts I paddle & flap about summon names to my immature mind - a reverie chant: "Turtle Head'; 'Nipple mount'; 'The Nob' etc.... 3 hours of quiet just letting the over-polluted; 'look another dead fish'; 'Why does my hand come out brown when I skim the surface?'; 'What IS that smell?' river carry me. I fall out of my boat & soaked thru drip down streets of a town I couldnt have named better myself.....Puii!

The Kayaking followed a day of Mountain-biking which was....BRILLIANT! - away from the relative hustle of Yangshao through farmers fields dodging water buffalo. We climb Moon Hill and look out over miles + miles of hazy terraced fields + Karsts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home